From the word computer, most people get what cloud computing might mean but won’t get what “cloud” has to do with computing. This is despite the fact that there is evidence of cloud computing in our lives and businesses. In this article, we will be looking at all there is to know about it, its features and benefits. Before we dive in deep, this definition below by Microsoft Azure will help you better understand as we move further into this article. It goes thus;
“Simply put, cloud computing is the delivery
of computing services—including servers, storage, databases,
networking, software, analytics, and intelligence—over the Internet (“the cloud”)
to offer faster innovation, flexible resources, and economies of scale.
You typically pay only for cloud services you use, helping you
lower your operating costs, run your infrastructure
more efficiently, and scale as your business needs change.”
There are different types of cloud computing. It can be public, private or hybrid. For Public Cloud Computing, the cloud here is owned and operated by third-party cloud service providers, which deliver their computing resources, like servers and storage, over the Internet. In Private Cloud Computing, cloud computing services offered over the Internet or a private internal network to only select users instead of the general public.
Hybrid Cloud Computing combines a private cloud with one or more public cloud services and enables the communication between each distinct service.
Whatever type a business chooses depends on what they intend to with the services gotten. Be sure to consult the services of an IT professional before you make these decisions for your business. You can check out questions to ask when considering cloud computing by clicking, here.
FEATURES OF CLOUD COMPUTING
As cloud computing keeps getting popular by the day to cater to the needs of developing and already developed companies, here are some of its features;
In this case, the Cloud provider pulls the computing resources to provide services to multiple customers with the help of a multi-tenant model. Customer demand determines the different physical and virtual resources assigned and reassigned.
On-demand network service:
This is one of its important and valuable features. The user is able to continuously monitor the server uptime, capabilities, and allotted network storage likewise the computing capabilities.
This feature talks about how the capabilities of the Cloud can be managed and modified according to use. It analyzes the storage usage and allows the user to buy extra Cloud storage for a very small amount if need be.
Cloud Security is an important feature. It creates a snapshot of stored data so that data is not lost even when one of the servers gets damaged. The data is cannot be hacked and utilized by any other person and the storage service is quick and reliable.
Pay As You Go:
Here, the user has to pay only for the service or space they have utilized and there are no hidden charges. It is as simple as that.
Cloud computing resources usage is metered. This means that cloud resource usage gets monitored and measured according to the user’s needs.
BENEFITS OF CLOUD COMPUTING
- Automation software integration: Software integration that occurs automatically. In this case, users do not use more efforts to do their customization based on their preference.
- High speed: It lets you render services swiftly and in fewer clicks. This faster deployment allows you to get the resources required for your system within fewer minutes.
- Back-up and restore data: Backing up and restoring data is easier once it is stored in a cloud. It makes it easy for data to be safe against hardware malfunctions and theft.
- Unlimited storage capacity: Cloud offers almost unlimited storage space which can also be expanded with little cost.
- Reduced Operating Costs: It reduces the cost of hardware. You just have to pay as you operate it and enjoy the model based on your subscription plan.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Cloud applications enhance collaboration by authorizing diverse groups of people virtually meet and exchange information with the help of shared storage. Such capability helps in improving customer service and product development and also reducing the marketing time.
Africa Prudential can guide your brand towards a successful cloud service integration. You can send an email to email@example.com to apply for a free 10-minute consultation session. We will walk you through how to do it best for your business.