We undertake regular updates to our Data Protection Policy which we will notify you of on our website or by email.
We collect the following personal information from our website and interaction with you:
- Name and title
- Email address
- Phone number
- Social media account details
- Your comments, reviews and response to feedback surveys or comment boxes
- IP address
- Domain name
- Your location
YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS USED
Primarily, we collect and store data about you to help us better connect with you. The following are purposes we may use your information for:
- To monitor, review, evaluate and improve your experience when you visit our website
- To analyse the traffic on our website, including determining the number of visitors to the website and analyse how they navigate the website.
- To invite you to complete a survey or provide feedback to us on specific matters
- At any time you request information from us via a form or other electronic transmission we may use your information to fulfil that request.
- To keep you updated on our activities, programmes and events where consent has been given.
- To notify you of changes to our websites or relevant processes.
- We may also use your information or allow a trusted third-party such as our investee companies, subsidiaries and affiliates use of this data, to offer you information about unrelated products or services you may be interested in. We or third parties can only communicate if you have consented to such communication and data use.
- Where we have any contracts with you which create a commitment, we may require contact or use of your information.
- To process or manage your appointments with any of our staff
- To fulfil legal obligations to report any criminal or unethical activity
- Be aware we do not reveal identifiable information about you to our advertisers, though we may at times share statistical visitor information with our advertisers.
The Nigerian Freedom of Information Act 2011 provides you with the right to access the information that we collect about you. Please note any demand for access may be subject to a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the data requested.
For residents in the European Union, the following additional rights are applicable:
- The right to withdraw consent previously given to us or our trusted third parties
- The right to request that we delete your personal information that is in our possession, subject however to retention required for legal purposes and the time required technically to delete such information.
- The right to request for access to your personal information or object to us processing the same
- The right to update your personal information that is kept with us
- The right to receive your personal information and have it transferred to another data controller, as applicable.
- The right to lodge a complaint
You may contact us via the email address provided at the end of this policy with respect to the exercise of any of the above stated rights or if you would like to learn more about the personal information we have of you.
PERSONS WHO HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
In addition to our staff who are responsible for our marketing and communication and IT security, the following trusted third parties have access to your information:
- We use a customer relationship management tool to help manage our contact database and send out email communications to you.
- Our investee companies, subsidiaries and affiliates who require your information for the same purposes described in this policy and who have adopted similar data protection policy standards.
- Professional service providers such as IT providers, website hosts and advertising partners.
We will transfer your personal information to only those third parties who we are sure can offer the required level of protection to your privacy and information. We do not and will not at any point in time sell your personal information to any third party. Where required by law, we may need to disclose your information to regulatory authorities.
We welcome any queries, requests you may have regarding this Data Protection Policy, or comments. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Last updated – 15th April 2020